Most people are familiar with ovens, but not everyone knows how to use all of the features that they offer. For example, many ovens have a grill setting that can be used to cook food in a variety of ways.
When using the grill setting, the heat comes from the top of the oven rather than the bottom. This can be helpful when trying to achieve a crispy exterior on food that is prone to drying out, such as chicken or fish.
The grill setting can also be used to add finishing touches to dishes like pizzas and quiches.
How the Grill Setting Works
The grill setting uses heat from the top of the oven, which can be helpful for achieving a crispy exterior on chicken or fish. The grill setting can also add finishing touches to dishes like pizzas and quiches.
When using the grill setting, it’s important to keep an eye on your food so that it doesn’t overcook or burn.
Tips for Using the Grill Setting
Here are a few tips for using the grill setting on your oven:
- If you’re using the grill setting to cook chicken or fish, try marinating them first in order to add flavor and prevent them from drying out.
- Pizza and quiche are two dishes that often benefit from a quick stint under the grill before serving. This will help to brown the cheese and give the crust a little extra crunch.
- Keep an eye on your food while it’s under the grill so that it doesn’t overcook or burn.
- If you’re grilling steak, consider using a meat thermometer to ensure that it reaches the desired level of doneness.
- Some ovens have a dedicated compartment for grilling, while others simply have a wire rack that can be placed inside. If your oven doesn’t have a dedicated grilling space, make sure to line the bottom with foil before adding your food so that it doesn’t stick or fall through the cracks.
The grill setting on your oven can be used for cooking chicken, fish, pizza, and quiche. When using this setting, it’s important to keep an eye on your food so that it doesn’t overcook or burn. Use these tips for perfect results every time!
As an experienced home chef, I’m dedicated to helping others get creative in the kitchen. My blog is all about exploring reviews, tips, and tricks for kitchen appliances like ovens, stoves, and dishwashers. I’m passionate about using my almost decade-long experience in the culinary arts to help readers make informed decisions when it comes to their own kitchen set-ups. With a wealth of knowledge at my disposal, I can’t wait to share everything I know with anyone looking to level up their cooking!