A gas stove oven is a convenient appliance to have in your kitchen, but it’s important to know how to properly light it. Here are some easy instructions on how to light a gas stove oven.
How to Light a Gas Stove Oven
- To light a gas stove oven, first, make sure the knob is turned to “off” and then open the oven door.
- Locate the pilot light inside the oven near the edge of the burner. Find the igniter switch next to it – it will be a red or black button.
- Press and hold down on the igniter switch for 30 seconds or more until you hear a clicking sound, which means that gas has ignited.
- Once the pilot light is lit, turn on the oven by turning the knob to desired setting; wait for preheating indicator before starting to cook.
- If you can’t find the pilot light or it won’t stay lit, you may need to call a qualified technician for assistance.
Remember these steps the next time you need to light your gas stove oven – first, turn off the knob, locate the pilot light and igniter switch, press and hold down on the igniter switch until you hear a clicking sound, then turn on the oven by rotating the knob to your desired setting.
If you can’t find the pilot light or it won’t stay lit, seek qualified assistance.
As an experienced home chef, I’m dedicated to helping others get creative in the kitchen. My blog is all about exploring reviews, tips, and tricks for kitchen appliances like ovens, stoves, and dishwashers. I’m passionate about using my almost decade-long experience in the culinary arts to help readers make informed decisions when it comes to their own kitchen set-ups. With a wealth of knowledge at my disposal, I can’t wait to share everything I know with anyone looking to level up their cooking!